A DUI Conviction Has Many Criminal And Noncriminal Consequences
Having a DUI conviction on your record comes with additional consequences beyond the hefty fines, suspension of your driver’s license and potential jail time. On this page, our attorneys at Chieppor & Egner LLC have summarized some of the effects a DUI charge might have on your criminal history and your future:
- You’ll have to explain your conviction and punishment to current and potential employers.
- You could receive increase in auto insurance premiums – or in some situations, you could be dropped by your insurance provider.
- You may have trouble renting a car.
- You might experience trouble in obtaining your pilot’s license.
- You will likely incur points on your driver’s license.
- You may face international travel restrictions.
- You may not be allowed to enter or immigrate to certain countries if you are a DUI offender.
- You could hurt your chances to gain admission to certain educational programs or scholarship opportunities with a DUI conviction.
- Your finances might be impacted by exorbitant expenses.
- You may have difficulty maintaining or renewing your driver’s license.
- Your ability to become or remain a licensed professional may be impaired.
- Your custody rights may be impacted.
- You might not be able to purchase firearms.
Mitigating these consequences starts by working with an experienced attorney like those at our firm.